Skip to main content

to be interesting

 I have never been good at keeping a diary because I always have convinced myself that I had nothing particularly interesting to say. And that is always what I've wanted more than anything, was to be interesting, if not extraordinarily interesting. I want to slay a dragon or save a princess. I want to solve a murder or have a secret love affair, or at least live in a castle and wear ball gowns to tea.

But, unfortunately, I was born on a planet with no dragons, past the age of princesses, swept into the monotonous life of eat, school, sleep, repeat. I am left only with the the option of living vicariously through the absurd amount of books I read to get my fill of wonder and scandal. 

I have also never had many friends, one or two at a time, never enough to have a group, never enough to belong somewhere. I listen to music as often as I can to stave away my hunger, my yearning for something more. I envy the people who can get through high school, and then college, and then a desk job. A husband, some children, maybe a white picket fence and an over-involved HOA. How can they not suffocate? How can this be the future I am supposed to look forward to? 

So, I have decided to be interesting.  Against all odds, and against the government made path laid before me, as I lay here writing this on my suburban floor, listening to Passion Pit. I just did a Tarot reading that said there will be hard work and struggle ahead. At first I was disheartened. I work so hard as it is. I didn't think that I could take any more. But maybe that means I will be coming into my interesting-ness. Every character struggles before their power is unleashed, before their destiny is revealed. 

I just hope that I'm getting close. I don't know how much longer I can wait. 

Comments

  1. You can really write! I loved reading this.

    Personally, I think that unleashing your interesting is about your personality, your hobbies, nd making experiences instead of waiting for them. Hope you find your interesting soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

touch starved

 I am incredibly touch starved. I have always known that my love language is physical contact, without ever having to take a Buzzfeed quiz to find out. I've known since I was five years old and I would crawl into my parents bed every morning, asking them to cuddle with me. Since I was 10 and realized that my favorite thing was to have my grandfather stroke my back with a piece of straw. Since I was 13 and only needed my mother to brush my hair to calm me down when I was angry. I love hugs, great big bear hugs that knock the air out of you for a second. I always want a hug, no matter what mood I'm in. My parents have worried for me since I was a child, that one day, I was going to hug the wrong stranger and get kidnapped. I like to think I give wonderful hugs, the kind that let you know I am just overjoyed to see you. Real hugs, not a small squeeze with one arm.  I want to hold hands or link arms or knock my hip against yours. I want to cuddle, with anyone, just the two of us cu